it’s time to take back your life
- Do you feel exhausted and overwhelmed by your life?
- Do you lay in bed overthinking everything you did and said, playing out the days events like your mind won’t shut off?
- Do you feel like you can’t focus and keep making careless mistakes at work?
- Are you and your partner always arguing?
- Do you wish you were more involved with your kids, but you just want to numb out watching tv or playing on your phone?
- Have you stopped going out with friends?
- Do you take on the world and then feel so overwhelmed that you give up before completing anything?
- Are you so anxious that you feel like you can’t take a full breath in?
- Do you keep telling yourself, “I have so much to be thankful for,” yet still feel sad and alone?
- Does mom/dad guilt eat you alive?
- Do you just want everyone to leave you alone?
- Are you tired of feeling like you just walk around in a daze?
YOU CAN FEEL BETTER
You feel like everyone needs something from you, but you don’t have anything else to give. Your once happy self seems like a distant memory. You feel like a failure because you can’t stop feeling this way. You feel like no one understands what you are dealing with. Everyone else looks like they have their life together, why can’t you?
You may feel like you can’t possibly cram another thing into your schedule as it is, let alone spend an hour talking to someone about your problems. You may think “How is talking to a complete stranger going to help me feel better?” Taking time to talk through life’s challenges, express the emotions you have stuffed down inside of you, and learn new ways of coping can often leave you with more focus and clarity to complete all of the things you need to get done in the day.
HOW THERAPY CAN HELP
Talking to a non-judgmental person who isn’t part of your family or social circle can be so freeing! All that you do for others, now it’s your turn to take care of your needs. Remember, we can’t pour from an empty cup. People who take care of themselves are often better partners, parents, friends, employees and family members. Self-care isn’t selfish. It’s a crucial aspect of living your best life.
What if talking about my pain makes it worse? Yes, that is a normal worry. We try so hard not to feel the pain that we think if we start talking about it, the pain will never end. Talking about that in which we have “stuffed” isn’t always easy in the beginning, but is an important step toward self-care and a happier life.
How long do I need to be in therapy? Therapy is individual and never a one size fits all services, but for most people, therapy isn’t a life-long commitment. Many people find great success with only a few sessions. Always remember that you are the boss, and you can determine how much therapy you feel you need.
What if I come to therapy and you say there’s no hope for me? I have never met a client that I felt had no hope for improving their life. In fact, when I have people come in with this fear, I often highlight that what they are going through is a very normal and common reaction. Immediately, I see them relax knowing they aren’t alone. Although everyone’s situation and challenges are different, there is always hope for improving, changing and growing.
You can live with less stress, heal from your hurts and grow from your challenges so that you can start enjoying your life. If you would like to schedule your free 20-minute consultation please call me today.
Kristi Price, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
CA License 111810
I provide individual and couples therapy in Bakersfield, CA. Your past doesn't need to define you. It's time to live your best life and let yourself be heard.
Address: 5001 East Commercenter Drive
Bakersfield, CA 93309
live your best life
find your freedom